[ RadSafe ] I-131 Patients and Taxi driver

Moshe Levita mlevita at tasmc.health.gov.il
Thu Feb 14 00:34:37 CST 2008

John,

Suppose the driver exposure will be 20 - 40 mr ( 100-200 mci patient , 1hr at 1 meter).
Do we have to inform him about his radioactive patient ?

Moshe Levita
Chief Physicist
Tel Aviv Medical Center

I would first ask what would be the taxi driver's exposure be?  Decisions should be based on exposures, not on whether or not the patient is radioactive.

Sandy Perle <sandyfl at cox.net> wrote:  It would be ethical to notify anyone of an impending exposure. The patient would more likely not receive a ride home. This is another example for the need of public education.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com