[ RadSafe ] please release me....

Stabin, Michael michael.g.stabin at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Feb 21 07:54:19 CST 2008

I'd like to note a recent article in the HPJ about release of
radioactive patients, also a web site with some brief information. The
article concludes that "Rigid adherence to [NRC] guidance
recommendations has placed an undue burden on nuclear medicine therapy
patients and their families, as well as licensees responsible for
ensuring compliance with NRC requirements." We wanted the title to
include the phrase "The Emperor has no Clothes", but the reviewers, as
usual, had no sense of humor.

LICENSEE OVER-RELIANCE ON CONSERVATISMS IN NRC GUIDANCE REGARDING THE
RELEASE OF PATIENTS TREATED WITH 131I.

Health Physics. The Radiation Safety Journal. 93(6):667-677, December
2007.

Siegel, Jeffry A.; Marcus, Carol S.; Stabin, Michael G.

Web site: http://www.doseinfo-radar.com/RADAR-INT-NM-Release.html

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University
1161 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Phone (615) 343-0068
Fax   (615) 322-3764
e-mail     michael.g.stabin at vanderbilt.edu
internet   www.doseinfo-radar.com <http://www.doseinfo-radar.com>

"I am realistic -- I expect miracles." - Wayne Dyer