[ RadSafe ] Nuclear Waste Antidote -Energy Drink

stewart farber radproject at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 22 08:15:48 CST 2008

Hi all,

Some may find this interesting.

I was checking a database of various drinks to get their caffeine content
[I'm supposed to limit my total caffeine intake -- health issues], and came
across a drink called "Nuclear Waste Antidote". See:

http://www.energyfiend.com/caffeine-content/nuclear-waste-antidote

The can  [which has the radiation trefoil symbol on it, says:

"A 16 ounce can of Nuclear Waste Antidote contains 180 milligrams of
caffeine.
Nuclear Waste Antidote is made by "Smart Power Drinks". The drink is
sugar-free (sweetened with Ace-k and sucralose). The manufacturers claim
that a portion of profits from the drink will go to an organization
dedicated to "raising awareness about nuclear issues"."

I wonder what organization is getting "a portion" of the profits.

Maybe someone can get an NIH/FDA/BRH grant to study if this drink works. :-)

The database:
http://www.energyfiend.com/caffeine-content
does contain a very long list of drinks and their reported caffeine content.
Not sure of its accuracy.

Stewart Farber. MS Public Health
Farber Medical Solutions, LLC
Broker for Linac, Imaging, and HP Instrumentation
1285 Wood Ave.
Bridgeport, CT 06604
[203] 441-8433 [office]
[203] 522-2817 [cell]