[ RadSafe ] Fe-55 on LSC

Conway, Ken C. kcconway at babcock.com
Fri Feb 29 07:34:06 CST 2008

I have done this also and it works for Fe 55. In general isotopes with
low energy xrays or auger electrons can be effectively analyzed by LSC.
This includes I 125, which can be useful in a university environment.
Depending on the type of smear paper, you may wish to allow the smear to
set in the cocktail to ensure optimal contact.

Ken Conway
CHP
Babcock and Wilcox
1570 Mt Athos