[ RadSafe ] NYC Proposal to Permit Radiation Detectors

Emer, Dudley EMERDF at nv.doe.gov
Mon Jan 7 13:18:10 CST 2008

Jim,
I certainly agree it's very poorly written and thought out.

My favorite is

"§10-801  Definitions.

f.  The term "permit" shall mean the permit for possession and deployment of atmospheric biological, chemical and radiological detectors issued by the commissioner."

Is the commission issuing detectors? Is there a lawyer or English major that can help me here?

Dudley Emer
Geophysicist
NATIONAL SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES, LLC
Nevada Test Site - Mercury, Nv  M/S NTS306
Tel:  (702) 295-7808 - Fax:  (702) 295-7761