[ RadSafe ] NYC Proposal to Permit Radiation Detectors

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Mon Jan 7 20:10:56 CST 2008

Jan. 7

         To answer your question, let us remove the prepositional phrase
from the sentence.  The sentence will then read:  "The term 'permit' shall
mean the permit . . . issued by the commissioner."

         The commissioner is issuing *permits.*  He is *not* issuing detectors.

         Hmmmmm.  Perhaps the question was tongue-in-cheek.  Nevertheless,
that's the answer.  The commissioner is issuing permits.  He is not issuing
detectors.

Steven Dapra