[ RadSafe ] WG: NRC7

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Jan 17 16:57:01 CST 2008

Dear collegues,

My collegue Stefan Schoenhacker has forwarded to me the information about
the upcoming conference NRC7, which I think is worth to be forwarded to
several lists and collegues.

For details please contact the website given below, for an overview I give
you the following short information:

NRC7 (Seventh International Conference on Nuclear and Radiochemistry) will
be held from 24-29 August 2008 in Budapest, Hungary. The deadline for short
abstracts is 31 January 2008. I myself have attended several of the earlier
meetings in Germany, England etc. and therefore I can assure everybody that
I expect a similar high scientific level of contributions.

Please note that Budapest is in Europe well known for its beautiful setting,
its historical background and as a center for culture. Perceived problems
concerning the exchange rate of the US$ should not be overestimated since
prices in Hungary (lodging and food) are compared to most other European
countries very moderate.

Hungary was one of the most advanced countries in the former Eastern Block
and has developed into a western style country (not forgetting its heritage)
since long. For overseas visitors it might be of interest, that for most
countries of origin no visas are needed and according to the "Schengen
treaty" there is since 21 Dec 2007 no control at the border for people
entering from any other "Schengen country", including Austria.

I hope to see many of you at this conference.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.