[ RadSafe ] NYC Bans Geiger counters!!!

Ottley, David B (Dave) David_B_Dave_Ottley at RL.gov
Wed Jan 30 13:50:44 CST 2008

My flight story. I was recently carrying a G-M pancake probe with me to protect it from pressure changes in the cargo area.  A security guard at the X-ray unit pulled me out of line and asked what it was.  I didn't want to use the word radiation but wanted to be truthful so I said it was a free electron detector.  The security guard waived me right through.  I guess the word electron sounded safe enough.

Dave Ottley