[ RadSafe ] Re: NYC Bans Geiger counters!!!

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 11:04:34 CST 2008

Friends,

Several decades ago, when orthovoltage ("Deep X-ray therapy) x-ray units were in use in India, we used to carry a thick circular lead sheet for blocking the x-ray beam to make measurements of leakage radiation, when on occasion the collimators attached to the x-ray head do not close fully!

The lead sheet used to caste a perfectly circular shadow on the x-ray screening units at the airport. We had to struggle hard to convince the security guards that we did not intend to do any harm. The guards got convinced easily as our baggage had the much respected address of my organization Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay

Regards
K.S.Parthasarathy