[ RadSafe ] NYC Council bill on detectors: Simple question

Thu Jan 31 12:30:20 CST 2008

Hi, Bjorn.

The STATED purpose of the law requiring permitting of all "atmospheric
chemical, biological, and radiological detectors (Note that as written
"atmospheric" applies only to chemical) it to prevent false alarms that
might panic the public.  There are people who suspect that there might
be ulterior motives.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On
Behalf Of Bjorn Cedervall
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:17 AM
To: radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: [ RadSafe ] NYC Council bill on detectors: Simple question

I apologize for asking something that many of you probably understand
- I hesitate to go through all the previous postings/responses to the
subject:

Can anyone summarize in 2-3 lines what the point would be to register
Geiger counters? (I don't understand it)

Wouldn't it be better if there were lots of them "out there" so that the
general public learns more about natural background radiation?

My personal comment only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com