[ RadSafe ] NYC Council bill on detectors: Simple question

Geo>K0FF GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Thu Jan 31 11:45:08 CST 2008

A good question, I have put in an inquiry to the US Department of  Homeland
Security, the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office for clarification.  Will
report any replies received.

George Dowell

NLNL
New London Nucleonics Lab
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bjorn Cedervall" <bcradsafers at hotmail.com>
To: <radsafe at radlab.nl>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:16 AM
Subject: [ RadSafe ] NYC Council bill on detectors: Simple question

I apologize for asking something that many of you probably understand
- I hesitate to go through all the previous postings/responses to the
subject:

Can anyone summarize in 2-3 lines what the point would be to register
Geiger counters? (I don't understand it)

Wouldn't it be better if there were lots of them "out there" so that the
general
public learns more about natural background radiation?

My personal comment only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com