[ RadSafe ] NYC Council bill on detectors: Simple question

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:06:43 CST 2008

Bjorn:

Don't try to make sense of something when the concept is absurd.  I will
still have my radiation detection equipment and use it.  We have a concept
called judicial review in the USA that allows bad laws to be overturned by
the courts when application of that law abridges more fundamental freedoms.
We have "freedom of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." For a
scientist, this probably means "truth".

Until a case concerning this is actually tried in court and a decision is
passed whether the law or regulation can be applied, I personally think that
this NYC Council issue is highly questionable.

Dan ii

Dan W. McCarn, Geologist; 3118 Pebble Lake Drive; Sugar Land, TX 77479; USA
Cell: +1-505-710-3600; Home: +1-281-903-7667; Fax: +1-713-241-1012; Office:
+1-713-241-5726; Austria:  +43-676-725-6622
mccarn at unileoben.ac.at           HotGreenChile at gmail.com
Dan.McCarn at shell.com