WG: [ RadSafe ] Interesting article from a different perspective - ODEMagazine

Jim Muckerheide rad_sci_health at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 17:41:29 CDT 2008

Dear Rainer et al.

The "1993" reference about Misasa is likely the book:

"HEALTH EFFECTS OF LOW-LEVEL RADIATION" By Sohei Kondo

Kondo reports on the data from a 1992 paper, which is referred to by Sadao
Hattori at:
http://www.radscihealth.org/rsh/dd3/2.1.2.1.1.4Hattori94.html

Kondo provides the tables of the data from all the cancer sites, and the
"all cancers" data that is presented in this "Figure 4."

There is a subsequent paper by an different group, Suzuki et al., in 1994.
See the abstract at:
http://www.radscihealth.org/rsh/dd3/2.1.2.1.1.4%20Suzuki94.html

The Sobue/Ye et al. group made a later conference presentation in 1997,
pub'd again in 1998 in the Jpn J Cancer Res; and a later case-control study
in 2000 in the J Radiat Res (Tokyo).  All of these can be linked from:
http://www.radscihealth.org:9000/rsh/dd3/searchResult2.jsp?keyword4=2.1.2.1.
1.4+Japan (which is also:
http://tinyurl.com/5kwhcc )

The full text/pdf of this 2000 paper is open and can be linked from the
PubMed abstract.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide