AW: WG: [ RadSafe ] Interesting article from a differentperspective - ODEMagazine

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Fri Jul 4 06:04:16 CDT 2008

Dear Jim,

thank you for these references demonstrating once more that -in the low dose regime - the opposite of the LNT postulate is more often observed than the postulated association - to put it cautiously.

However, this was not the topic addressed by the reference I am straining my memory to recover it. I have in mind a scatter plot with the x-axis giving annual (electric) energy production/consumption in kWh per caput and the y-axis some measure of the health status of the citizens of a given country - say lifespan.

The entries for (nearly) all of the world's countries scattered neatly around a strictly monotonic increasing (straight?) regression line with the poor or developing countries populating the low energy supply/low lifespan quadrant and the rich industrialized countries populating the high energy supply/high lifespan quadrant!

Maybe I read this paper even in the 1980s. Perhaps someone else's memory is better.

Thank you one more and kind regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine
Linder Hoehe