[ RadSafe ] Miller and McClain, 2007

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Thu Jul 3 20:41:13 CDT 2008

July 3

James:

         What is your CV?

         Knock it off with the self-serving stuff about your parents, and
answer the question about where you were born.

         You can also knock off your attacks on Drs. Cherry and Johnson;
and on Ron Kathren.  Don't you ever get tired of vilifying your
opponents?  Have you no sense of decency at long last?

         Yesterday you were moaning and groaning about me and uranyl
acetate and uranyl oxide.  You said I "tried to suggest that uranyl acetate
was different from the largest of the uranium combustion products, uranyl
oxide, . . .."  Look at the first quote from the Miller and McClain paper
and you will find they are talking about uranyl *chloride*.

Steven Dapra

At 01:10 PM 7/3/08 -0700, James Salsman wrote:
>People have been asking about my background.  Both of my parents
>devoted their lives to educating the children of U.S. officers
>stationed abroad, in the Defense Dependants' School system.  They
>stand is stark contrast to those such as Dr. Cherry and Dr. Johnson,
>who have taken millions of taxpayer dollars and omitted mention of
>multiple long-known health issues with uranium in their reports saying
>depleted uranium munitions are safe.  They follow in the crooked
>footsteps of Ron Kathren, long a leader in the Health Physics Society,
>who has always omitted mention of reproductive toxicity in his works
>on acute uranium toxicity, even though reproductive toxicity has been
>known to be an effect of a single acute exposure since the 1953 work
>of Maynard et al.
>
>Here are some quotes from Alexandria C. Miller and
>David McClain (2007) "A Review of Depleted Uranium Biological Effects:
>In Vitro and In Vivo Studies" Rev Environ Health 22(1) 75-89:
>
>"Miller et al (1998) observed the transformation of human osteoblast
>cells to a tumorigenic phenotype after exposure to uranyl chloride....

[edt]