[ RadSafe ] Yucca Mountain / o.4 Sv extra radiation over 10 years.... / Miller and McClain, 2007

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 20:06:04 CDT 2008

James,

   Why do you owe Dr. Franta an apology?  Simply because what you did was to take his personal opinion (free speech) from this very public forum and make it into a personal attack on his very livelihood.  Do you recall the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?

>What does it say about an industry that speaking with an employer in a situation like that is frowned on?

I am not suggesting anything, nor am I threatening, but how would you feel if "everyone" on this mailing list who has taken exception to something that you have written over the years were to take it upon themselves to contact your employer about their many grievances with you?  I don't think your employer would appreciate such an action, and I certainly don't think that you would enjoy the potential negative outcome.  There is nothing "magic" about common decency!  Just ask yourself before you do something, if you would be upset if someone did to you whatever it is that you are planning.  If the answer is that you wouldn't appreciate the action, then  reconsider the action before hitting the ""Send" button.  We should all impose self constraint in regards to our "rights to free association and speech".  Our rights should end when they start to trample on anothers rights.  You know full well that you could have cost Dr. Franta his job, his
 very means of making a living.  You trampled on his rights!  Dr. Franta didn't represent his "free speech" public opinion as being that of his employer, therefore you didn't have any need to drag his employer into the fray other than your own malicious intent to inflict harm.  Simple put, you owe Dr. Franta an apology because you let your anger cause you to launch a personal vendetta.

Roy Herren