[ RadSafe ] Metric Tonne

FISHER Spencer -NUCLEAR spencer.fisher at opg.com
Tue Jul 8 06:34:29 CDT 2008

If a Metric Tonne is 1000 Kg = 2205 lb. then 550 metric tonne =
1,212,750 lb.  So I do not understand the calculation below.

"an W. McCarn, Geologist; 3118 Pebble Lake Drive; Sugar Land, TX 77479;
USA
HotGreenChile at gmail.com   mccarn at unileoben.ac.at
UConcentrate at gmail.com

By my calculation, the 550 metric tonnes U amounts to 1,430,000 lbs U3O8
having a commercial value of $107,250,000 at $75 / lb U3O8.  As memory
serves, I think that most of this material came from byproduct
phosphoric acid production from the marine phosphorites in Iraq similar
to those in Israel and Syria. "

Dan ii

Spencer M. Fisher
Generals - Authorization Training Instructor
Nuclear Theory
1480 Bayly St.
Pickering, Ont
L1W 3T8
905-837-4274
Fax: 905-837-4270
Cell Phone: 416-508-7216

THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT(S) AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
PROPRIETARY AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy or
other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient and have received this message in error,
please notify me by return e-mail and delete this message from your
system. Ontario Power Generation Inc.