[ RadSafe ] Cameco

Tue Jul 8 11:47:34 CDT 2008

Interesting pictures.  Thanks for sharing them with us, George.

I suspect that the placement of the canisters on the truck/trailer was
because of weight considerations, not criticality issues.  I am not sure
that UF6 could ever achieve a critical geometry, even if it is enriched
to a fairly high level.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On
Behalf Of Geo>K0FF
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:35 AM
To: 'Radsafe (E-mail)'; Dan W McCarn
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Cameco

Notice how the fissile material is transported, the two canisters are
far apart, compared to less enriched material, which is stacked close
together on the truck.

I took all these pictures.Since this trip my mobile lab also includes
neutron detection.
http://www.qsl.net/k0ff/Road%20Rad%20Finds/In%20KY/

George Dowell
NLNL