AW: [ RadSafe ] uranium leak at SOCATRI plant

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Wed Jul 9 04:00:04 CDT 2008

If the information in the press is correct, 30000 liters of a solution containing 360 kg (natural) Uranium, i.e. in total 288 PBq U (140 + 6.5 + 141 PBq U238, U235, U234 respectively) were released into two rivers.

To appraise its health effects, the dilution factor must be guessed, which determines uptake by the 'end consumer'.

Regards, Rainer