[ RadSafe ] Instruments

John G. Hunt john at ird.gov.br
Mon Jul 14 02:07:21 CDT 2008

Hi Paul,

As it happens, we have been  evaluating portable scintillation-based-surface-
contamination equipment, and the CoMo 170 was one of the equipment evaluated.

http://www.sea-duelmen.de/Deutsch/INFO-Material/PDF/CoMo170.pdf

It's light, the price reasonable, has a good response for alphas and betas -
one of the best in Bq/cm^2 per cps, especially for the alphas.

On the down side, it seems that CoMo 170 has sacrificed sturdiness for
weight, and the shield for electro-magnetic fields and entrance of light is
not very strong. If the equipment has to be opened, this shield can be
damaged.

We use this equipment, but we will also buy equipment from another supplier.

Hope this is helpful,

John Hunt.