[ RadSafe ] RE: radsafe Digest, Vol 154, Issue 8

Peterson, Ken KPeterson at MarinetteMarine.com
Fri Jul 11 16:48:25 CDT 2008

Hi Gary,

All I wanted to do was make the point that most Muslims do not consider
killing infidels something to aspire to.  Not to extend this off-topic
thread too much further, but I can follow your rebuttal suggestion #1.
(non-muslims are just as likely to be suicide bombers):  Suicide bombing
and guerilla warfare have been the standard tools when battling a
superior occupying force for a long time - from the LTTE to the
Vietnamese to the IRA to the French Resistance.  No religious ideology
required.

Ken Peterson

Message: 11
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:26:54 -0500
From: garyi at trinityphysics.com
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] RE: Proliferation
To: <radsafe at radlab.nl>

Hi Ken,

You have said quite a lot in your message, but please focus for a minute
on the main thrust
of my post.

I said, or tried to say, that there are some people who want nuclear
weapons so they can kill
non-muslims, and that these people can not be reasoned with.  This was
comment about the cold war relationship between the US and the USSR, in
which MAD
(mutually assured destruction) prevented either side from using its
nuclear weapons.  That is,
both sides had rational self-interest at work to prevent cataclysmic
war.

Islamic terrorism does not have rational self-interest at work, unless
you are willing to
concede that rewards in heaven are part of your self-interest inventory.
In my post I pointed
to suicide bombers and the culture that celebrates them as evidence of
this.  If islamic
terrorists get a nuclear weapon, they will strive to use it in the most
effectively destructive
manner possible.  Therefore, we (non-muslims and non-terrorist muslims)
would be smart
(as in, alive or surviving) to prevent them from getting nuclear
weapons.

If you wish to rebut my post, allow me to suggest some ways to prove me
wrong.  You could
show that with any of the following:
   = non-muslims are just as likely to be suicide bombers.
   = there are no muslim suicide bombers, its just an urban myth or a
Dan Rather fabrication.
   = suicide bombers are a genetic flaw that is quickly being removed
from the gene pool.
   = strapping a bomb to your child is really an expression of
international good will.
   = if we give money to terrorists, they will decide that they really
like infidels (maybe as pets).
   = its ok for jihadists to kill us because OUR heaven is better than
theirs.

Or, best of all, why don't you hop on a plane and go reason with them?
That would prove me
wrong.  Remember that guy who got his head cut off on TV?  I bet you
could have talked
them into putting down the knives and changing their lives.  Maybe going
back to school,
right?  A new career would solve their problems - maybe flight school.

-Gary Isenhower

Export Controls and Restrictions:

Information including any attachments contained in this electronic submission may contain information or technology the export or re-export of which is restricted by U.S. export laws and regulations.  By viewing this e-mail and any attachments, the recipient agrees to the following:  (1) the recipient's use of this e-mail and any attachments shall comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, without limitation, U.S. export laws and regulations, and (2) the recipient may not transfer or otherwise export or re-export any information or technology contained in this e-mail or any attachment except in full compliance with the export controls administered by the U.S.