[ RadSafe ] Exempt Sources Transport to EU

Mora Cañadas Juan Carlos jc.mora at ciemat.es
Thu Jul 31 04:47:59 CDT 2008


The european law has the same exemption levels that you can find at the IAEA BSS (#115), so check there if the activities or specific activities are lower and if so, you should have no problem (as exemption level assures).

Anyway I would consult first to the air company in order to accomplish their requirements (if any).

Juan Carlos Mora

-----Mensaje original-----
De: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl en nombre de Dan McCarn
Enviado el: jue 31/07/2008 3:01
Para: radsafe at radlab.nl
Asunto: [ RadSafe ] Exempt Sources Transport to EU
Hi Group:

I'm trying to decide if I should try to take my exempt sealed calibration
sources for my spectrometer with me to France. I'd appreciate any advice
from any EU colleagues.  I still have all the paperwork on them (receipt of
purchase, etc.).  I keep them in a lead shielded container.


Dan W. McCarn

Cell: +1-505-710-3600; Home: +1-281-903-7667; Austria: +43-676-725-6622
Email: Dan.McCarn at shell.com; HotGreenChile at gmail.com
You are currently subscribed to the RadSafe mailing list

Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to have read and understood the RadSafe rules. These can be found at: http://radlab.nl/radsafe/radsaferules.html

For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and other settings visit: http://radlab.nl/radsafe/

More information about the RadSafe mailing list