[ RadSafe ] Coffee and Cholesterol (off topic for Radsafe!)

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Mon Jun 2 08:29:35 CDT 2008

Peter:
Your mother's doctor may be right. But only if your mother was drinking very
large quantities of espresso or French press!
http://cholesterol.about.com/od/cholesterolloweringfoods/a/coffee.htm

I know this is off-topic for Radsafe (apologies to the sensitive!), but I
guess there are quite a few of us consuming quantities of coffee (containing
a whole lot of radioactivity: more hazardous than DU??) so in the interests
of the overall health of all of us, this is a noble discussion!

And the article reinforces the idea that the poison is in the dose....

Regards
Doug