[ RadSafe ] uranium and breast cancer

James Salsman BenjB4 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 10:07:46 CDT 2008

Steve,

Thank you for reading the J.L. Domingo review:

> DU in the form of uranyl acetate dihydrate
> appears to be teratogenic, at least in certain
> strains of laboratory mice and rats.

Rats?  I though you said not rats for Domingo.  Anyway, that's not the
only uranyl cation.  Uranyl oxide is soluble in dog lung fluid in
around 3-5 days.  Serum chemistry is not going to care very much at
all about the cation in solution, although if you have acetate ions
you are certainly in different shape than if you have O+ in serum too.

Did you ever find the 1953 text?

> It's also true that not much work has been done [in]
> an attempt to duplicate these findings.  (I imagine the
> evil military-industrial complex is derailing any such
> proposed work.)

There are people out there so conditioned by the military-industrial
complex to argue in favor of cluster bombs, defoliants without
adequate safety measures, depleted uranium, and land mines, that they
forget there are non-combatants, who, if they don't play their cards
right, would fall off the battlefield, making the authors war
criminals.

I think we in the U.S. need to organize a direct-to-congress campaign
of truth in advertising when it comes to safety provisions, asking
each congressperson to hold committee hearings.  Surely more
government is the last, best hope for science.  Unless, of course,
science doesn't need a currency.

If anyone out there knows of an industrial hygiene listserv out there
handling depleted uranium, I would be glad to learn of it.

I am still trying to figure out the electronegativity profile of the
exposed surface of the uranyl ion as it binds (as a ligand) to a
chromosome.  If Franz has problems with me using the word "ligand"
please let me know.  Also, you guys who are telling me how wrong I am
tend to give Dr. Alexandria C. Miller the benefit of the doubt --
maybe Mattias will have the opportunity to ask her.  I would like to
hear Mattias telling USAFRBI security that he needs to talk to Dr.
Alexander about cytoplasm chemistry.

As for uranyl causing cancer, I would like to know how you could
damage the white blood cells' chromosomes and not see an increase in
cancers of the areas they frequent.  They are the first line of
defense against odd-smelling (including precancer) cells.

Thank you.

James Salsman