[ RadSafe ] Radiation prevents heart disease and cancer (more likely than causing)

HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net
Mon Jun 2 11:50:34 CDT 2008

Death rate of just 0.76 for 27,872 NSWorkers with > 0.5 rem extra
(vs 32,510 matched coworkers not exposed) suggests, since most deaths
are from heart disease and cancer, that to avoid these diseases and live long,
we should seek at least 0.5 rem extra ionizing radiation, as much as sunshine and veggies!

"Is Radiation An Essential Trace Energy?"
John Cameron so titled his commentary, as a member of the NSWS Tech Panel.
Yes! And only by emphasizing the deprivation cost imposed by LNT,
(rather than just the absence of harm),  can we overcome the Luddite opposition to
nuclear power.

Indeed, the easiest way I find to do this is to, as I am now, sit on thoriated welding rods
emitting 0.16 mR/hr more (just remeasured) than the 0.015 background.
I figure this brings me up to the healthier Denver background, and indeed
after a couple of years of this (and exercise, diet, adrenalin block etc)
all functions are good at 81. Of course the thousands of animal, epidemiologic,
cultural spa, cellular and other scientific studies back this (rather than the
presumptious LNT used by lazy bureaucrats to maintain their empire.)

Howard Long MD MPH

From: John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com>