[ RadSafe ] uranium and breast cancer

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Tue Jun 3 19:22:14 CDT 2008

June 3

         I wrote: "DU in the form of uranyl acetate dihydrate appears to be
teratogenic, at least in certain strains of laboratory mice and rats."

         James Salsman wrote: "Rats?  I though you said not rats for Domingo."

         Below, James claims he has read Domingo's 2001 review paper.  If
he has read it, why doesn't he know that work has been done on rats that
have been exposed to uranyl acetate dihydrate?  Domingo cites two such
papers in a table on the second page of his review.  In my critique of
Domingo I specifically mentioned the table.  I wrote that Domingo and
presumably his co-workers " . . . conducted a literature search on the
chemical toxic effects of U in mammals.  This search is summarized in Table
1 (p. 604), and lists nine studies, seven of them on mice, and two on
rats.  Domingo was author or co-author of seven of the studies."

         What's your problem, James?  You whined for two or three weeks
that I either hadn't read Domingo (2001), or that I wouldn't pay to read
it.  Then when I do read it, and post a critique of it, you don't read my
critique.  What's your problem, James?

Steven Dapra