[ RadSafe ] Slovenia: Leak in cooling system of NPP

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Thu Jun 5 19:23:48 CDT 2008

June 5

         From the Yahoo article:

But Jan Beranek, Greenpeace International's nuclear campaigner, said: "Any
situation which results in the European Commission alerting all 27 member
states about the possible consequences of a nuclear accident cannot readily
be dismissed as something not to worry about.

"In this case we hope that independent confirmation can be gained to
confirm that the situation is under control and there was no offsite
contamination.

"However, it stands as a testament to the threat that all of Europe's
nuclear facilities pose to its population and environment and beyond. Those
who are planning to build more nuclear reactors must heed this warning and
reject nuclear technology."

(end quote)

         My additional comment is that this sounds like a made-to-order
opportunity for Greenpeace to deliver another one of its hackneyed
anti-nuclear campaign speeches.

Steven Dapra