[ RadSafe ] Lung, Liver, and Bone Cancer in Mayak Workers due to Plutonium

Cindy Bloom radbloom at comcast.net
Mon Jun 16 20:32:37 CDT 2008

Gary,

In another abstract
http://www.rrjournal.org/perlserv/?request=get-abstract&doi=10.1667%2F0033-7587(2000)154%5B0246%3ALCIMW%5D2.0.CO%3B2&ct=1,
it was noted that:
"Relative risks tended to be higher for females than for males, probably
because of the lower baseline risk and the higher levels of plutonium
measured in females. "
This might be part of your answer.  Because this other paper was discussing
risk not risk/dose, only the baseline part of the argument would apply.  It
would be interesting to see the error estimates associated with the risk
estimates, as well as the numbers in the subpopulations.

Cindy