[ RadSafe ] [DU-WATCH] Re:U-238 spontaneous fission= birth defects, cancers

Peter Bossew peter.bossew at jrc.it
Wed Jun 18 03:09:16 CDT 2008

The SF branching ratio of 238U is 5.45e-5% (Lund catalogue:
http://nucleardata.nuclear.lu.se/nucleardata/toi/nuclide.asp?iZA=920238,
and others), thus the recommended SF decay half life is 8.202 +- 0.060
e15 y. (discussion of data in
http://www.nucleide.org/DDEP_WG/Nuclides/U-238_com.pdf )
The Lund catalogue also quotes a bb decay, branching ratio 2.2e-10%.

so ?

pb

--

Peter Bossew

European Commission (EC)
Joint Research Centre (JRC)

TP 441, Via Fermi 1
21020 Ispra (VA)
ITALY

Tel. +39 0332 78 9109
Fax. +39 0332 78 5466
Email: peter.bossew at jrc.it

WWW: http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int

"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any
circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European
Commission."