[ RadSafe ] Radiation for health

HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net
Thu Jun 19 18:43:30 CDT 2008

Should the ALARA dose for workers set by gov. (or company) be less
than that shown to be beneficial in NSWS or Taiwan apts or background where longevity greater?
Submariners got less radiation because shielde from both cosmic and their reactors.

Luckey's ZEP (where neither benefit nor harm) is about 20rem (cSv) /year,
Cohen's ZEP for radon graphs about 8 pCi/l in home.

For the public, should it be different? I like the idea of people being able to choose whether they want to spend a lot of time next to Grand Central Station granite, have granite kitchen counters, etc.

Howard Long

From: Doug Aitken <jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com>