[ RadSafe ] Transport/Courier Exemptions for Small Uranium Sources

WILLIAM LIPTON wlipton at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 24 09:12:13 CDT 2008

The IATA, "Dangerous Goods Regulations" and 49 CFR 173 both list exempt quantities and exempt concentrations on a radionuclide specific basis.  Material which does not exceed both limits is considered nonradioactive for purposes of transportation.  However, if this is licensed radioactive material, you must still meet the conditions of your license regarding transfer of the material.
Bill Lipton
It's not about dose, it's about trust.
Perception is reality.