[ RadSafe ] Testing bombs

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Jun 28 18:27:02 CDT 2008

At the time of the Trinity test they had "obviously!" enough plutonium for the first Fat Man test..... They also had enough for the Nagasaki bomb. Plutonium was produced at Hanford and this was a masterpiece of engineering - from micrograms produced in the laboratory to kilograms at Hanford. Also these informations are available in the open literature and the books I already mentioned.

I had the opportunity to visit the Hanford Site in the year 2000, but I do not think it will be easy to get permission for a visit nowadays - it was not easy then.

Best regards

Franz