[ RadSafe ] Testing bombs

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Jun 30 12:45:56 CDT 2008

Thank you Mike for these most qualified remarks. Thank you also for your description of the possible difference between the Trinity "device" and the Hiroshima "weapon", which I had not heard before. That the Trinity test was successful and the basis for the "weapon" can be seen even today. At my visit to the Trinity Site I mentioned before there was a truck showing a "fat man" replica, with all the appliances for dropping (tail fins - correct expression?). The problems with the explosive "lenses" are widely known and since I am the proud owner of an original copy of investigations by the US authorities on espionage in Los Alamos I know that these lenses were a very important topic.

Best regards,

Franz