[ RadSafe ] U. S. Radium Corporation medical device

Richardson David (RDE) Essex Rivers David.Richardson at essexrivers.nhs.uk
Wed Mar 5 03:39:59 CST 2008

Steve

My first thoughts looking at it are that it may be a projector for rolls of xray film (typically chest xrays, or 100mm camera film from fluoroscopic exposures) to facilitate their "reading".

Mass xray screenings used 100mm square film, as did the cameras attached to fluoroscopic xray equipment until the mid 80's.

It is not inconceivable that there were instances where the film was wider/narrower or in roll format for ease of handling (think 35mm/120mm roll film, only bigger).

Best regards

David Richardson
MTO Radiation Protection
Medical Physics