AW: [ RadSafe ] DHS Tests of Radiation Detectors Were Inconclusive, Report Says

Cheng Kit-man rhu_ic at dh.gov.hk
Fri Mar 7 00:41:00 CST 2008

There can be various ‘forms’ of calibration.  We may need to specify what
form of calibration we are referring to, i.e. whether it is a calibration
against a ‘primary’ standard by a national or international metrology
standardization laboratory, against a ‘secondary’ standard by a competent
metrology standardization laboratory, against a ‘tertiary’ standard or it is
a day-to-day operational ‘consistency’ or ‘performance’ check.  The
different levels of calibration may serve different purposes, are conducted
according to different standardization requirements and provide calibration
outcomes of different uncertainties.

Clement Cheng
Radiation Health Unit
Hong Kong SAR, China