[ RadSafe ] German professor with ideas about nuclearpower &health effects

Peter Bossew peter.bossew at jrc.it
Fri May 2 03:48:43 CDT 2008

Franz is correct, Körblein is very active in this scene; however I think
one should discuss his results and claims, because as far as I know he
is indeed an expert, and does publish in apparently reputable journals.
(Which is not to say he may not be wrong, of course.)

But I am no expert in epidemiology. So if somebody has sound information
on Körblein's qualification, and the scientific quality of his claims,
this would be useful to know. As far as I can see he is far above
Sternglass etc., in terms of statistical QA. Please correct me if my
impression is wrong.

I would like to add that I have taken part in the Austrian
epidemiological study on possible Chernobyl effects (unfortunately not
published in English) (not in the epidemiological, only in the
radio-ecological section of the study). In any case, we tried to
reproduce some of Körblein's, Scherb's etc. results, but were not able
to do so, although the statistical conditions were better (I think),
since Austria has regionally quite high Ch. fallout, and very pronounced
regional differences in Ch. fallout, as well as a good medical database.
The report also contains a (short) critique of the approach of those
authors.

Peter

--

Peter Bossew

European Commission (EC)
Joint Research Centre (JRC)

TP 441, Via Fermi 1
21020 Ispra (VA)
ITALY

Tel. +39 0332 78 9109
Fax. +39 0332 78 5466
Email: peter.bossew at jrc.it

WWW: http://rem.jrc.cec.eu.int

"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any
circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European
Commission."