[ RadSafe ] (no subject)

Riely, Brian P. brian.riely at ngc.com
Mon May 5 09:27:35 CDT 2008

Clayton

When 9/11 happened, it seems all the experts said that it was not a
matter of if, but of when another major terrorist attack was going to
hit the U.S.  They all guaranteed that a major terrorist attack was
going to hit the U.S in the next 5 yrs (before 9/11/2006).  At that time
hundreds of thousand of Iraqis were killed by Sadam Hussein

Since 9/11/2001 there has been no major terrorist attack in the US, al
Qaeda has increased difficulty in getting recruits, Iraq got a
constitution in three yeas (much faster than us), there have been free
election in Iraq with a higher percentage of people showing up to vote
than we do when it rains, there are probably less Iraqi deaths due to
the war than there were under the rule of Sadam Hussein, the American
deaths are about 600/ year or what amounts to the number of murders in
any two major American cities such as Philadelphia and Detroit, and the
total number of American soldier casualties is about the same as during
ONE of the major civil war battles (Battle of Gettysburg, Casualties:
51,112; Battle of Chickamauga, Casualties: 34,624; Battle of
Chancellorsville, Casualties: 30,099; Battle of Spotsylvania,
Casualties: 27,399; Battle of Antietam Casualties: 26,134; Battle of The
Wilderness Casualties: 25,416; Battle of Second Manassas Casualties:
25,251; Battle of Stone's River Casualties: 24,645; Battle of Shiloh
Casualties: 23,741;  Battle of Fort Donelson  Casualties: 19,455)

The war in Iraq has been a resounding success, in spite of a national
media and a Congress that gives support to the terrorist (numerous
studies, including one by, I believe, a Harvard professor, supports the
statement that Congress and our national media are encouraging the
terrorist.)

World wide terrorism has been on the rise long before we went into Iraq.
The bombing of the World Trade center in 1993 had nothing to do with us
going in Iraq, the attack on the USS Cole had nothing to do with us
going into Iraq, the 9/11 attack had nothing to do with us going into
Iraq, etc.; however, the impetus for the 9/11 attack, according to Bin
Laden, was us pulling the troops out of Somalia.  When Bin Laden saw
that Bill Clinton pulled out the troops he called America a paper tiger;
that America had no stomach for terrorism, and if shown terror, e.g.
chopping off a few heads, Americans would pull out of a war.  (There is
also a  CBS report, which is shown on youtube,  that shows the Sadam
Hussein al Qaeda connection)

Although in the 1992 CNN debate Al Gore castigated George H. Bush for
not going into Iraq,  (The CNN interview given in 1992 by Vice president
candidate Al Gore criticizing George H. Bush for not going into Iraq is
shown on youtube) Al Gore and Bill Clinton did nothing.  It was the
policies of that administration and the attitude that terrorism should
be handled by local law enforcement that allowed 9/11 to occur.

I am trying to understand your proposal to handle terrorism by law
enforcement.  When we went into Iraq the first time, we discovered that
Sadam Hussein was much closer to having nuclear weapons than we thought.
I guess you are proposing that we should have let law enforcement handle
Sadam Hussein and after he bomb Israel with nuclear weapons Sadam
Hussein should arrest himself; I guess you are advocating letting Iran
build nuclear weapons, as oppose to military-preventative solution of
bombing the factories to prevent Iran from acquiring the weapons, and
after Iran sends Nuclear weapons into Israel law enforcement should
arrest those people responsible; and there should be no military
influence on slowing down Syria's support of terrorism,
rather--somehow--law enforcement should handle this.  (One of the things
that really stood out during Hurricane Karina was that  the National
Guard was an order of magnitude better than local law enforcement and
local government .)

Brian