[ RadSafe ] ?Association of brain tumors and cell phones - commoncause?

Tue May 6 11:17:25 CDT 2008

The talk of brain tumors from cell phones is, in my opinion, a distraction from the REAL public health effects of cell phones: People talking on them when they should be concentrating on something else and people summoning emergency help almost instantly from almost anywhere.  If you plot these any way you want; per person-hour, per call, per phone, etc, it will be completely clear that EVEN IF there is a connection with brain tumors, it is of vanishingly small importance.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On Behalf Of HOWARD.LONG at comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:51 AM
To: Nils Rudqvist; radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: [ RadSafe ] ?Association of brain tumors and cell phones - commoncause?

IF brain tumor rate is higher with high cell phone use, I speculate common cause, rather than cause- effect.

Th dozens of brain tumor patients I have known were all unusually active-minded.
They were just the sort of people I would expect to have high rate of cell phone use.

Common cause (very active-minded) rather than cause effect, I presume.

Animal experiments should reassure.

Howard Long

From: "Nils Rudqvist" <nils_rudqvist at hotmail.com>