[ RadSafe ] New Wave of Nuclear Plants Faces High Costs

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Mon May 12 13:23:58 CDT 2008

<<Anyone know how to undo regulation and laws? When I asked this question of
George Gilder (Microcosm author) at last year's DDP meeting, he replied,
"The internet!">>

Dear Howard:

In the case of the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2004, it was found that
Utah's additional layer of prohibitive regulations violated the NRC's right
to administer Away From Reactor Spent Fuel Storage. So now the Utah
regulations are moot. See Tenth Circuit Court 02-4149.pdf

The 10th Circuit is currently hearing (as in TODAY, this week) issues with
NRC's right to administer and issue uranium mining permits in New Mexico.

http://www.topix.com/us/federal-court-10th

If you are interested, I have a number of the briefs that are being
presented to the court.  I've attached them here, but they might be blocked
by RADSAFE.

I have separately asked the list owner to post these documents for the
group.

Dan ii

Dan W. McCarn, Geologist; 3118 Pebble Lake Drive; Sugar Land, TX 77479; USA
HotGreenChile at gmail.com           UConcentrate at gmail.com