[ RadSafe ] Liquid scintillation counter in Norfolk, VA

Ron Reif rreif at whoi.edu
Mon May 19 14:36:30 CDT 2008

Hi all,

Our research vessel, the R/V Knorr, will be arriving in Norfolk, VA and
requires a liquid scintillation counter to analyze about a half dozen swipes
for H-3 and C-14 contamination.  FYI...our onboard liquid scintillation
counter is malfunctioning.  We need rapid/immediate turn-around time on the
swipe counts, as the vessel will only be in port for a few days: June 3-4,
2008.  Does anyone know of any liquid scintillation counters located in or
close to Norfolk, VA that we could use or any radioanalytical labs that we
could use?

Regards, Ron

---
Ron Reif, EH&S Director & RSO