[ RadSafe ] Fabricated data: EMF and the question of DNA damage

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 18:22:08 CDT 2008

Saw briefly earlier today that some scandal had surfaced at the Medical University of Vienna.
If I got it right a woman had fabricated data (a pretty good way of obtaining politically correct
results) rather than doing experiments. It was part of the REFLEX project and related to
the question of whether EMF can cause DNA damage or not (see also my commentary
in Environmental Research, Vol. 107, 2008:288).

I don't have time to dig into the Vienna case as I am leaving (Sweden) for Oregon & California
in less than three hours from now (3.45 a.m. local time...). May see some of you at the
BEMS meeting (June 8-12)?

Perhaps some other Radsafers can help to shed more light to the creative Vienna research,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com