[ RadSafe ] IRPA 12 Congress in Buenos Aires

Perle, Sandy sperle at mirion.com
Thu Nov 6 19:06:35 CST 2008

These large meetings do provide many benefits, even if the fee is considered too high. I found that the IRPA fees were not too bad, compared to other meetings of this scope. One negative comment I heard often was that many did not consider that some of the sessions required additional fees, that were not covered in the registration fee. On a positive note, the costs of everything in Argentina was very inexpensive.

As far as the meeting, there was ample time to attend sessions and one was able to move from session to session without difficulty. Scheduling and maintaining time was done quite well.

I find the best reason to attend these meetings is the networking that can be done, and, meeting with colleagues and friends who also attend. For example, I met with colleagues such as Dr. Hefner and others from ARCS. These meetings afford one the opportunity to meet and discuss topics of mutual interest in-between sessions.

Regards,

Sander C. Perle
President
Mirion Technologies