[ RadSafe ] CT incident - how could it happen?

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Wed Nov 12 19:18:39 CST 2008

Nov. 12

         According to the linked article, "A cytogeneticist who analyzed
the boy's blood found substantial chromosomal damage, Stockett
said."  Stockett is the family's lawyer.  (A reliable source, to be
sure.)  What did this kid's chromosomes look like before the CT scan?  Why
did the parents have a cell (cyto) geneticist evaluate the blood?  Wouldn't
a hematologist be more suitable for this type of work?  Did the parents
obtain a second opinion from another cytogeneticist?

         I think Gary is onto something here with his "$ettle quickly"
suggestion.  (Clever, Gary.  I like it.  What a difference a symbol makes.)

         Even that lawyer says, "He bounces around like a normal
two-year-old," . . . .  You wouldn't know anything was wrong with him at
all."   Will red marks lead to an infusion of the long green??  RADSAFE
minds want to know.

Steven Dapra