[ RadSafe ] Neutron flux from electron accelerators

WILLIAM LIPTON wlipton at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 29 22:43:18 CDT 2008

Neutrons would be produced if the electrons had sufficient energy to generate x-rays with sufficient energy to generate photoneutrons.  I've been out of the accelerator hp business for a while, but I believe that when you start getting > 10 MeV, you have the possibility of photoneutrons, if the electrons hit a high Z target.

Bill Lipton
It's not about dose, it's about trust.
Perception is reality.