[ RadSafe ] PNAS Article: Oncogenic bystander radiation effects in Patched . . .

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 20:06:51 CDT 2008

If anyone is interested in a copy of this article please contace me directly.

Mancuso M, et al.,"Oncogenic bystander radiation effects in Patched heterozygous mouse cerebellum," PNAS, August 26, 2008, Vol. 105, No. 34, Pages 12445–12450

I think that is really a first rate experiment demonstration the bystander effect in vivo.

As a side note, scatter radiation is NOT associated with the response observed.  Once again, Dr. Long, it is important to READ the literature, unless jumping to conclusions is the only exercise you get.

It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory.
Arthur Eddington

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist