[ RadSafe ] Vanity Fair Article - Canadian Veteran and Asaf Durakovic

roger helbig rhelbig at california.com
Sat Sep 20 04:38:31 CDT 2008

The following is an excerpt from this article that I found
from searching for "Rokke" at Vanity Fair - I was drawn
there after getting positive vibes from Graydon Carter, the
Editor-in-Chief when he was on the Charlie Rose show a
couple of evenings ago.  I wanted Carter to have this
article re-examined since I know Rokke to be a total fraud
and have the records to prove it.

These claims by Durakovic about the body of Canadian Gulf
War veteran Terry Riordon sound totally bogus -- DU in
bones and lungs.

Even after he died, on April 29, 1999, Terry's Canadian
doctors remained unable to explain his illness. "This
patient has a history [of] 'Gulf War Syndrome' with
multiple motor, sensory and emotional problems," the
autopsy report by pathologist Dr. B. Jollymore, of
Yarmouth, begins. "During extensive investigation, no
definitive diagnosis has been determined.... Essentially it
appears that this gentleman remains an enigma in death as
he was in life."

Not long before Terry's death, Susan Riordon had learned of
Asaf Durakovic, and of the possibility that her husband
absorbed D.U. His urine-test results-showing a high D.U.
concentration eight years after he was presumably
exposed-came through on Monday, April 26: "Tuesday he was
reasonably cognitive, and was able to tell me that he
wanted his body and organs to go to Dr. Durakovic," she
remembers. "He knew it was too late to help him, but he
made me promise that his body could help the international
community. On the Wednesday, I completed the purchase of
this house. On Thursday, he was dead.

"It was a very strange death. He was very peaceful. I've
always felt that Asaf allowed Terry to go: knowing he was
D.U.-positive meant he wasn't crazy anymore. Those last
days he was calm. He wasn't putting the phone in the
microwave; he had no more mood swings."

After Riordon's death, Dr. Durakovic and his colleagues
found accumulations of D.U. in his bones and lungs.

This December 2004 article "Weapons of Self Destruction" by
David Rose is like a compendium of the DU propaganda
mythology.  The only thing missing is the grotesque baby
photos but Rose makes up for that with the "burning semen"
myth.  It was even published before the NY National Guard
group filed their suit Matthew et al v. US in US District
Court in NY.

I invite comments from all but Salsman -- this probably is
the formulary for his insistent beliefs as well.

Thanks.

Roger Helbig