AW: [ RadSafe ] Half-lives

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Sep 20 07:45:31 CDT 2008

Mike, Steven and RADSAFErs.

I fully agree with your comment that it depends on the field you are working
in! As a member of the working group of the Austrian Standardisation
Organisation on "Waste Disposal by Decay" I can tell you that we defined
radionuclides as shortlived according to the practicability of storing
radionuclides from nuclear medicine applications for decay. This is another
example of the often attacked, but still valid ALARA principle.

I can look for details, but please ask me only for them if you are very
interested in it - it would be a lot of work to find it in my files.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.