[ RadSafe ] Uranium in the hair of autistic children URGENT

George Stanford gstanford at aya.yale.edu
Mon Apr 6 12:56:53 CDT 2009

Dr. Parthasarathy:

	I forwarded your note to William Walsh, Ph.D., of the Walsh Research
Institute, Naperville, Illinois.  Here is his response:

"I have data on uranium in hair for more than 20,000 persons. I've
never seen a single case in which it was clinically significant and
affected treatment.

"The hair analysis method produces signals for about 40 elements, but
only about 20 have any meaning. The labs irresponsibly report all of
the data, including the values that the labs know are meaningless.
I've urged them to stop this practice, but they all refuse for $$
reasons. They believe that their doctor clients believe they are
getting more value due to the higher number of assays reported.
Pfeiffer has been bothered for years by patients concerned about
elevated uranium in their hair..... a complete waste of time.

"Uranium levels in human hair are generally below the detection
limit, so the lab reports reflect "noise" rather that reality. An
exception involves people living in mining areas, who exhibit exhibit
trace uranium levels that ARE slightly above the detection limit. For
example we've known for years that residents of California tend to
have higher uranium levels.

"This is a good example of why hair analysis labs deserve their
widespread bad reputation. This is unfortunate since there is valid
important medical information in hair levels of lead, cadmium,
copper, zinc, and other elements."