[ RadSafe ] Re: Half Century of Health Physics DVD Question

Wade.Miller at srs.gov Wade.Miller at srs.gov
Wed Apr 29 07:13:41 CDT 2009

Regarding Joe's question on the DVD, I don't have a solution, but I've had
the same issue with being unable to search the archives.  No CD/DVD issue,
but I noticed it worked and then it didn't.  I can't recall if I tried to
download the info onto a hard drive to make it accessible on my laptop
without the DVD, but it seemed like the problem was similar to the type of
problem encountered when one has a copyrighted disc for which you're
allowed to make a certain number of copies after which the CD "locks you
out" if you try to make more.  I had written it off as a lost resource
because I thought I might have done something to make it "refuse to
proceed" (technical explanation).  Operating systems on the 2 laptops I
used were Vista and Windows XP Professional.

I too would appreciate hearing of any possible solution because the disc
is a terrific resource.

Wade Miller, RRPT, AAHP (A)
Senior Health Physicist
Savannah River Site