[ RadSafe ] Government eyes Supertanker for dirty duty

Perrero, Daren Daren.Perrero at illinois.gov
Fri Aug 21 08:54:38 CDT 2009

Thank you Barbara for the quick interject.

I'd also add that dirty bombs run a range of effect just like raising
the kiloton yield on a fission device gives a range.  In the case of a
dirty bomb it could be a small black powder pipe bomb with a solid
source strapped to it creating radioactive shrapnel to a fertilizer
device with a dispersible radioactive powder (and various combinations
of the above), but in ALL CASES, no where near comparable in results
when it comes to the radiation/radioactivity that's released in a
fission event.

The opinions expresses are mine, all mine.....
I'm with the government and I'm here to help you (ack!)
daren.perrero(a)Illinois.gov